but stay for community.
Community Design - what course based businesses need to find and keep more members.
Traditional methods for finding and keeping members don't work
PEOPLE WANT MORE THAN TRAINING
Traditional approaches to online course-based business meant more adverts, paid traffic or a new website. That might have worked in the past, but those techniques are now outdated.
Here are some of the most common myths and mistakes:
- Thinking you have a traffic problem and that you need more visitors.
- Spending money on the wrong advertising and promotion channels because “that's the way it's always done”.
- Thinking of people as “Customers” instead of “Community Members”
- Focusing on acquiring new “Customers” while neglecting current Community Members.
- Adding mountains of content to show that you've got more to offer (proven to INCREASE churn rates).
- Cutting prices in order to obtain more customers.
- Designing and building a new website because you're told it'll find you more “Customers”.
- Expensive SEO campaigns which drive tons of traffic...but they never become Community Members.
Course-based business must design a community
PEOPLE JOIN COURSES FOR CONTENT, BUT THEY STAY FOR COMMUNITY
All course-based businesses have members crying out for expertise, collaboration and creative interactions with other users.
A well designed community allows members to connect with each other. A community where members interact more with each other, will position your course-based business as a category leader.
People join online courses for the content. But they stay for the community. What most courses fail to embrace is that if you don't consciously design the community, your members will leave you for another community.
Introducing Community Design
We're MeBox and we are the world's #1 experts in Community Design.
Everyday we design entire learning communities to sustain and promote the growth of online course businesses.
MeBox helps online course-based businesses find and keep more members.
Why work with MeBox?
What can we get for your course-based business?