How to choose a good SEO agency.
SEO is otherwise known as search engine optimisation. It basically means getting your website nice and high up the results list when people search for you on a search engine like Google. You can get some great companies to do it for you, but how do you choose a good SEO agency?
There are hundreds if not THOUSANDS of SEO agencies out there. Some focus wholly on SEO, others are marketing agencies, others are website design. The important thing is to know which agency to choose, because there are a lot of cowboys out there.
So, how do you choose a good SEO agency?
- Don’t use a company that can’t follow their own advice. Search for SEO, SEO agency/company etc in your local area. In the reults box, if they are in the advert box or sections, then you know that they pay HUGE amounts of money to get there and that they’ll demand huge amounts of money from you.
- Get a breakdown of how they’re going to spend your money. If an agency quotes you a price, no matter what it is, or how slick their pitch is, make sure you know what they’re going to do with it. Ask for a catagoric breakdown of what they will be doing each month, or each project. If they say ‘it’s all very complicated, you wouldn’t understand’ pick up your stuff and walk out. No one knows your business like you. Get solid ideas on what they are doing with your money. You wouldn’t hand £500 over to an accountant when they say ‘yeah I’ll do whatever with it’.
- Know what SEO is not. SEO is not paying for adwords, it is also not paying for followers or clicks. These are short-term, expensive and do not return anything on your investment. If your agency says they’re doing anything like this, ask them why, then ask if they can do anything else.
- Ask them what they know about the recent Google algorithm update. Google is way smarter than you or I. You don’t need to know the ins and outs of how it works, but the algorithm (code) in the background is what looks for your site. Read a few points in this article and ask the questions. If your SEO sales rep looks at you like a blank fish, move on. Memorise a few points and just see how they react. The more you know…
- Ask them what their background is. Do not think that because you don’t know anything about SEO or digital marketing that you’re not a good judge of character. Ask for their background, their CV, whatever. Why should you trust them. Listen to your gut.
Ultimately, email us any pitches you receive and we’ll tell you whether it’s a good deal or not. We also won’t pitch to you, we’re totally impartial. So now you know how to choose a good SEO agency (:
Share this post